Job Title: Quality Inspector
Frey & Weiss Precision Machining Inc. is a family-owned outsource manufacturer of precision-machined close tolerance parts. Our company has been in business for over 50 years serving aerospace, defense, and commercial industries. We are proud to be an AS9100D certified company.
Responsible for executing detailed in-process and final inspections per the quality plan and ability to identify potential areas of improvement with production personnel and the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for performing 1st Article, In-Process, Returns and Final Inspections according to quality plan, inspection reports, customer specifications, and blueprints
- Record inspection data and document acceptance or rejection status and follow procedures for non-conforming product
- Review work order for completion of operations and required documentations
- Works closely with shop management to ensure consistency and minimize rejected parts
- Maintains and uphold Frey & Weiss’s quality policies, objectives, procedures, and QMS to strive toward continuous improvement
- Abides safety procedures
- Data entry via ERP/QMS system, excel, and word documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to read, write, and interpret blueprints
- Strong understanding of measurement techniques - experience with micrometers, calipers, height gauge, go-no-go gauges, thread gauges, hardness tester, comparator, etc.
- Experience performing 1st article inspection, in-process, and final inspections
- Understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Training and Experience:
- +3 years’ experience in a mechanical inspection environment required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Zeiss CMM Experience with programming of 1+ years on Calypso software is a plus
- ERP/QMS System (ProShop) and/or AS9100D certified quality system experience is a plus
Physical and Visual Demands:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
$22 – 26 / hour (depending on experience)
Full Time Monday - Friday
10 AM – 6:30 PM
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Workstation
- No Weekends
- Overtime is available!